PSAM Monitoring and Advocacy Programme (MAP)
PSAM Monitoring and Advocacy Programme (MAP) aims to improve public service delivery and enhance the progressive realisation of constitutional rights. The PSAM evaluates budgeting, planning, expenditure and performance in the following service delivery departments of the Eastern Cape government: Education, Health, Local Government, Human Settlements and Economic Development and Environmental Affairs. The following outputs are produced annually:
i) Strategic Plan Evaluations – these are analyses of the coherence and responsiveness of a government department’s Annual Performance Plan (three-year plan) and Operational Plan (one-year plan). The evaluation focuses on the final draft of plans for departments.
ii) Budget Analysis – this is an analysis of the policy priorities and budget allocations of departments. It focuses in the impact of policy priorities, trade-offs and assumptions in a department’s budget and on its ability to implement effective and efficient service delivery and accountability system.
iii) Expenditure Tracking Reports – these are analyses of the implementation of expenditure management systems of departments. The report tracks public expenditure by providing an evaluation of a department’s reported expenditure against its equitable share allocations for main programmes and, where necessary, key sub- programmes in the financial year under review.
Some of the recent outputs:
- People’s State of the Province Addresss_ 21 February 2018
- 2018 Human Rights Budget Speech
- Press Release Responding to the 2018 Human Rights Budget Speech
- 2018 Peoples Budget Guide English
- Third Report to Constitutional Court – Black Sash Trust v Minister of Social Development – 28.1.2018
- Education Budget Brief June 2016: This budget brief analyses the Eastern Cape Department of Education’s ability to implement effective and efficient infrastructure delivery systems in 2016 as well as into the 2016/17 Medium Term Expenditure Framework
- Housing market dysfunctionality and displacement of the poor in social rental housing in East London, Eastern Cape (2016)
- Makana Municipality Budget Analysis 2015/2016
- Eastern Cape Department of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs & Tourism Budget analysis 2015/2016
- Strategic Plan Evaluation of the Makana Intervention Plan 2014/2015
- Eastern Cape Department of Health Strategic Plan Evaluation 2014/2015
- A baseline assessment of demand for rental housing for the poor in Makana Municipality (2014)
- Towards the progressive realisation of secure housing and basic services (2014)
- Makana Municipality Budget Analysis 2014/2015
- Uphill Battle: challenges faced by the PSAM in monitoring the Eastern Cape Department of Human Settlements (2014)
- Eradicating informal settlements by 2014